Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ripon66's Port Reviews of Portland (Maine), Bar Harbor, Saint John (New Brunswick), Halifax, Boston

Enchantment of the Seas cruise in October 2010
Member Name: ripon66
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Review: ripon66's Enchantment of the Seas Review
Portland (Maine)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Just an average American small city. Do what ever you like to do. We took the horse drawn carriage ride. It was OK, but there are 16 people in a carriage.

More Portland (Maine) Reviews Portland (Maine) Port Profile Portland (Maine) Forum
Bar Harbor
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

There were two other cruise ships in town. It is a nice little tourist trap town with a nearby National Park. This was the only tendered port. They had trouble with the tenders and had to hire a whale watching boat but I think that actually sped things up since the boat held 200 people. Remember, most of the passengers were very old so there was no real scramble to get off the ship.

More Bar Harbor Reviews Bar Harbor Port Profile Bar Harbor Forum
Saint John (New Brunswick)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

It's Saint John. Never St. We took a nice excursion to a small town on the Bay of Fundy. Our guide lives in the town so she was very good. The buses were scheduled to leave at 9. The first bus left at 8:36. Where ever you go, get there early to avoid crowds. The reversing falls is interesting, but don't go out of your way to see it. Very nice lunch on the excursion.

More Saint John (New Brunswick) Reviews Saint John (New Brunswick) Port Profile Saint John (New Brunswick) Forum
Halifax
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Excellent cruise port. Two major sites in town. A very nice boardwalk with everything you would want. A maritime museum which we skipped but a lot of people liked. Good beer at a couple of small breweries. A decent size city with lots to see and do. It had a free bus which was nice, but I think we may have taken it's last ride.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum
Boston
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

The first thing is getting downtown. We walked both ways, it's not that far. There was an expensive shuttle, and lots of cabs. We took the subway to Harvard because I had never seen it. The highlight of my trip was the Museum of Natural History at Harvard, an amazing place. We then took the subway, the "T", downtown, walked around a little and had lunch at a pub. I did some research on the T, but I should have done a little more. There is a stop very near the ship but I didn't know exactly where it is.

More Boston Reviews Boston Port Profile Boston Forum