Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Mykle-Hawk's Port Reviews of Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City, Tampa

Carnival Legend cruise in September 2010
Member Name: Mykle-Hawk
Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: Mykle-Hawk's Carnival Legend Review
Tampa
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Embarkation Day ,Very clean and fast paced getting you on board !!! Except the long line at Security !!!

More Tampa Reviews Tampa Port Profile Tampa Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Tender Boat into Port ( 4 minutes ) Port-side was very unusual , very small area to try and find out Information , If you didn't have a excursion booked I think you would be lost ...

We booked a tour through Carnival and it took us to Stingray City , to swim with the stingrays , Then to the Turtle Farm ,, We held the turtles ... Then we went to HELL , and no it was not hot there , it was rainy and 75 degrees... And yes they do sell Ice Water there ... Heehaw !!!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Port-side was very new , was very well arranged and clean !!! Was kinda disappointed that we docked at the new pier cause We really wanted to go to Senor Frogs for a drink and come to find out it was at the other pier and a taxi ride to the other pier was $ 20.00 pp one way .... We did end up at a nice place called Pablo's ... and yes we now know that the Mexican Heritage can PARTY .... My wife Had a Mango Margarita w/3 5 oz shots of Tequila , and I had a Plain Margarita w/ 3 11 oz shots of Tequila ... all I can Say is OH MY!!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Mahogany Bay , Roatan very new , very awesome !!! Again If you didn't have a excursion booked , you had a mighty long walk up a steep incline and down a steep decline to get a taxi , or unless you were there to shop then it was ok , slight incline from pier...

We again booked our Excursion through Carnival and we went to by bus to the West End Village to meet up with the Semi Submarine , very awesome coral reef and lots of colorful fish... Then we toured the shops in the village and met up with people running a shop from our home state .... Then it was off to the Cameo Factory where I had a surprise waiting for my lovely bride ( A Cameo made just for her , with two Dolphins).... But read this carefully , You gentlemen who want to do this for your loved one , call 3 to 4 months in advance to your arrival ...

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Tender Boat to port (15 minutes) , Port-side was clean and the shops were newer looking , we just shopped around , had a snack , and tasted the Islands Famous One-Barrel Rum , (Didn't try the Five-Barrel Rum), And I had A Belize Special Rum And Coke ,, YEE HAW !!! 3 5oz shots of White Belize Rum 3 5oz shots of Belize Dark Rum and a splash of Coke !!! I'm sure glad we had a tender boat ride back to the ship !!!

And when you are there in Belize and you want a drink , all I can say is that ( YOU BETTER BELIZE IT ) ....

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Tampa
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Debarkation went really smooth after we had to wait 2 hours , they make all passengers get out of there staterooms by 8 am , and wait till your category or deck level is called, Self Assist first then everyone else !!! I really think it should be VIP first then everyone else , but that's just my opinion ...

Baggage check point and Customs/Security check was smooth ,,, Other than that this a awesome time to have fun in the sun !!!

And A Special Thanks To All Carnival Legend Staff and The Carnival Staff When Booking This Cruise ... THANK YOU

P.S I Really Believe It wasn't Carnivals Fault That There Is Some Dumb People In This World That Don't Know How to Respect Others

More Tampa Reviews Tampa Port Profile Tampa Forum