Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > cherylandtk's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.), Grand Turk

cherylandtk's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.), Grand Turk
Emerald Princess cruise in July 2010
Member Name: cherylandtk
Cruise Date: July 2010
Member Review: cherylandtk's Emerald Princess Review
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We had loved St. Maarten on our first visit, and were looking forward to seeing more of the island on this trip. We took the ship tour around the island, stopping in Marigot. Unfortunately, it was Bastille Day, and the French side was closed with the exception of one small bar and one store. While we are glad to have seen the rest of the island, next time we will stay in Philipsburg, visit a beach or stay on the ship. St. Maarten was looking a little rougher around the edges than we had remembered it; grittier and less charming.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Having seen St. Thomas too many times, we took the ship snorkel tour to St. John's and Trunk Bay. The time spent at the beach was wonderful, snorkeling had many sights, including a turtle, a ray, a HUGE school of fish, many colorful corals and fish. While not complicated, it can be a lot of transfers and time-consuming to get to St. Johns; it is too bad that the stop is not longer here to allow more time at the beaches.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
There is not much to do on Grand Turk, but if you are into beaches or snorkeling, this is a wonderful stop. We went up the beach (five minute walk)to Jack's Shack for our 'excursion'...will definitely do that again. Swam out to the wall, swam back to the beach and just floated in the clear water while one or the other of us made the run up to Jack's bar for refills. We returned to the cruise port beach and spent time bobbing around there, too, but the water is better up at Jack's.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum