Member Reviews

Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: Nelbr's Adventure of the Seas Review
Marseille
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The port was Toulon (not Marseille) but it is not listed on this site. I've seen complaints, but really, the port was good. A little away from downtown Toulon, but who cares. There were buses running back and forth to the ship. Some people complain about the price of buses, but really, it didnĀ“t matter to us.

There are several interesting excursion from this port, but because we did not want to leave our kids for too long, we chose the quick Bormes tour. A cute little provence village, with picturesque streets and beautiful flowers.

I am a lover of France, so will probably be happy with any excursion there. The port was clean, not crowded and even had a small fair of local stuff on sale. I am quite happy.

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Ibiza
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Also quite good port. Limited excursions though. In fact, this cruise is probably geared to people who want to spend Saturday night partying in Ibiza. By the time the ship docked, there was a line of people just going to city.

I gave it a lower note because I am sure that RCI could have a larger number of excursions here. What about beach/sea sports? Or glass bottom tours (there was a ship on port offering that)? Why not take people to Cafe del Mar for the famous sunset.

We can do these things on our own, but it would be better if RCI offered organized tours as well.

We took the Alt Villa tour and it was great.

More Ibiza Reviews Ibiza Port Profile Ibiza Forum