Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > QueenLatonka's Port Reviews of Progreso, Cozumel, New Orleans

QueenLatonka's Port Reviews of Progreso, Cozumel, New Orleans
Carnival Triumph cruise in February 2010
Member Name: QueenLatonka
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: QueenLatonka's Carnival Triumph Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
If I could have given this port a ZERO, I would have. I wasn't expecting much from this port given all the previous reviews. The double decker bus ride was nice to get a quickie overview. Do not buy anything from the vendors in the flea market area. The "stamped" silver is NOT silver. The hand woven hats are NOT allowed on board and will be confiscated. The sanitary facilities were non existent. The beach was inundated with children selling just about anything, and older women offering massages just about every minute you were there trying to enjoy an overpriced drink. I know they are trying to make a living so please don't flame me for not appreciating being hounded. I broke down and purchased a hammock. The vender gave me one that was tied up and ready to stick in my suitcase. When I got home, opened it up, it was full of holes! Once again, do not buy anything from the street vendors. I should have known that if the price starts off at $65 and ends up at $10 it's a pretty safe bet that it's a piece of garbage. lol IMHO, stay away from Progreso and take the excursion to the ruins or into Merida to go sightseeing.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Cozumel shopping is a lot more tourist friendly. We took a cab into town and stopped at Margaritaville, Senor Frog's and Carlos & Charlies. We took another cab because we booked a day pass at the Nachi Cocom resort. It was absolutely worth every penny. The all inclusive had good food, excellent drinks, a fabulous pool and jacuzzi. I never got out of the water for 4 hours. lol the swim up bar was a hoot too! I wish we could have spent 2 days there.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
New Orleans
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We stayed 2 nights at Harrahs hotel. The hotel is beautiful. You can walk to Bourbon St. and the French Market from there. The shopping on Canal Street is great and also the RiverWalk. You can't miss having beignets and cafe au lait at the Cafe DU Monde in the French Quarter. Also not to be missed is the raw oysters or the char grilled oysters at Drago's restaurant in the Hilton Hotel. New Orleans is still a very romantic city and the people of NOLA should be recognized for their acheivements and recovery after hurricane Katrina.

More New Orleans Reviews New Orleans Port Profile New Orleans Forum