Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > readytofloataway's Port Reviews of New Orleans, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel

Norwegian Spirit cruise in January 2010
Member Name: readytofloataway
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: readytofloataway's Norwegian Spirit Review
New Orleans
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We had a blast in New Orleans both before and after our cruise. It was the beginning of Mardi Gras parades the Saturday before and we got back on Super Bowl Sunday. We had never been there before, and let me tell you, it was the most fun I have ever had. I won't go into details, because what happens in new Orleans, stays in New Orleans!

More New Orleans Reviews New Orleans Port Profile New Orleans Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We went on an idependent tour to the Chaccoben Mayan Ruins with The Native Choice. It was a very good excursion. We had the best luck to have a Cougar run across the road in front of our van on the trip there!! It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in the wild! We also saw 3 spider monkeys in the trees while at the ruins The ruins were ruins, and the guide was very knowledgeable. Glad I went, but we are both pretty sure ruins just aren't our thing..

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
This is the port I was most looking forward too, and the most disappointing. We had to be in Champagne Charlies by 8 to get tender tickets as our excursion was not an NCL excursion. We were actually there at 7:30, but when the guy passing out the tickets arrived, he stood on the other side of the room, bum rush to get in line, and we ended up on Group 2. We missed our 10:00 excursion to the Snorkeling, Bannister Island, Manatee watch with Coral Breezes as a result. It was almost 11 before we made it to shore, due to rough seas and a tendering process that leaves much to be desired. Instead we found an excursion at the port through Fantastic excursions, went snorkeling off some tiny island with a bar/restaurant on it. The seas were too rough there, and we saw nothing. By the time we got back to the port we were exhausted, shopped a little and went back to the boat...

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I really enjoyed my experience in Cozumel. We got off the ship right at 8, walked around a little, grabbed a cab and went to Chankanaab park. For $30 a person, we got entrance to the park ($19), snorkeling gear for the day, and got to see a little show put on by the Sea Lions, Dolphins and 2 Manatees. At 10am for the sea lion show it was only us and one other German couple. So I got called on stage when the Sea Lion was looking for a girlfriend! And got a kiss and a hug from him! Very worth my money! The snorkeling here was great. I am a beginner in snorkeling, so the pro's might think its boring, but I loved it! We stayed at the park until about 2 then caught a cab, went back to the ship to shower and change and then went out shopping for awhile. Got some good deals, stopped at Margarittaville for a souvenier, and then headed back to the ship about 4 just as it started to rain!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum