Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > kennicott's Port Reviews of Buenos Aires, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Stanley, Montevideo

Star Princess cruise in January 2010
Member Name: kennicott
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Buenos Aires
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Member Review: kennicott's Star Princess Review
Buenos Aires
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Our second time there. This was the point of embarkation and disembarkation. Nice city, but we toured it before. I really liked the hotel, the Intercontinental. I really like the food and style in the semi open area resutrant on the main floor.

More Buenos Aires Reviews Buenos Aires Port Profile Buenos Aires Forum
Ushuaia
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We really enjoyed Ushuaia even though we had been there before. I would like to spend more time there. Take the penguin tour if you go.

More Ushuaia Reviews Ushuaia Port Profile Ushuaia Forum
Punta Arenas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Punta Arenas is okay. But I would have preferred to have spent some time away from the city. We took a tour before but I can’t recall much about it.

More Punta Arenas Reviews Punta Arenas Port Profile Punta Arenas Forum
Stanley
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Stanley is a great community. But we did the town before. Getting to be old now. If we ever go back I will take the King Penguin tour instead of looking around town. Made a mistake in not doing so this trip.

More Stanley Reviews Stanley Port Profile Stanley Forum
Montevideo
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Montevideo. Did the city tour before, did it again this time. I was a little more impressed with the city this time. Than before. Looked like they might have cleaned things up a bit. It is one of those ports that you ask yourself whether or not you would be better off staying on the ship.

More Montevideo Reviews Montevideo Port Profile Montevideo Forum