Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Islander41's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo

Radiance of the Seas cruise in November 2009
Member Name: Islander41
Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: Islander41's Radiance of the Seas Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Cabo is Cabo...tourist capital of Mexico...it is what it is...need I say more? Oh I guess I can say more...the cruise ship did a great job of tendering us to and from shore.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Mazatlan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This was my 4th trip to Mazatlan. It's a great stop especially if you head to the "Mercado" which is the local kind-of farmer's market close to the ship. Great stop.

More Mazatlan Reviews Mazatlan Port Profile Mazatlan Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Another of my favorite ports...especially if you head out to the side walk frontage a couple of miles away! Weird thing about this stop was the new Shopping Mall (open but empty) and the Walmart right off the ship...way weird.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum
Acapulco
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Acapulco is the oldest tourist trap in Mexico and it looks it and feels like it. Fine, I suppose if you stay close to the ship. I did the shopping bit, and walked like...5 miles around to the yacht harbor. What a mistake that was...drug crime is very high off the beaten path...and I ended up in some pretty dark areas...As a friendly warning: Know what your doing here as I picked up a copy of the local newspaper on the way around and it showed beheadings and slaughter of a family downtown somewhere. The drug/crime issue here is no joke. Don't misunderstand, I was pleasantly surprised by Acapulco and expected much worse...just I'm no fool and know better than to travel outside the tourist confines...know where you are going and who you are going with if you travel very far. Where there's money there's crime.

More Acapulco Reviews Acapulco Port Profile Acapulco Forum
Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This is our (sailboat) cruisers winter-time home base! Very popular as Zihuatanejo is so laid back and local. I walked about everywhere and had a very enjoyable time. Good prices, locals like to bicker about prices, lots of birds sounds and jungle-like tropical area..beautiful beaches, great prices, lots of fresh fruit and stuff. Loved it! Didn't go to Ixtapa...too high end touristy for me....other's said they really liked it and had a good time.

More Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Reviews Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Port Profile Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Forum