Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > beachpicasso's Port Reviews of St. Barts, St. Lucia, St. John (U.S.V.I.)

beachpicasso's Port Reviews of St. Barts, St. Lucia, St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Wind Surf cruise in November 2009
Member Name: beachpicasso
Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: beachpicasso's Wind Surf Review
St. Barts
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Great port with shops such as L. Vuitton, Lacoste, Persol, etc. Clean, art deco town with French flavor abounding.

More St. Barts Reviews St. Barts Port Profile St. Barts Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This port was one where we participated in some zip lining over the rain forests of St. Lucia. It was a 45 minute ride to the rain forest which while being quite long up meandering roads was worth the experience of "zipping". After a 45 minute ride back to the dock (we were on an a/c bus with a quite humorous and information laden guide) there was a barbeque for guest who wanted to stay at the beach or (as we chose) to go back to the ship and bask in the sun and get back to the habit we were acquiring called "relaxing".

View of Pitons at the conclusion of day was incredible as captain sailed as close as possible for photo ops. The sun was setting and the moon was rising---it was incredible.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Just walked around in the port area and you can walk right into the heart of the City. There are quite a few "touristy" stores when you first arrive but they diminish a bit as you walk away from the port area.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum