Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > rpclmc's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Haines, Juneau, Sitka

rpclmc's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Haines, Juneau, Sitka
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: rpclmc's Ryndam Review
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We did the Dealiest Catch excursion and it was great. We would highly recommend it. The crew on this ship are very friendly and will answer any question asked. Plus, they just make it fun in general. Back to ship, more pool time, dinner, kids club and I went to the internet while husband dissapeared (I think to the casino).

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Haines
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
We didn't have anything planned. Small, nothing much to do town. It was VERY smokey and smoggy from the fires. We wandered around for a couple hours and went back to the ship. If it is a clear day (and really you can only hope for that), I would recommend signing up for some sort of excursion. I heard the Klondike train ride from Skagway is good. Or if you like hiking, do some hiking, rent a car and drive around.

Afternoon was napping by the pool while daughter swam, dinner, kids club for daughter, I went to see the comedian - he was o.k., husband was in the casino.

More Haines Reviews Haines Port Profile Haines Forum
Juneau
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We got off the ship quite early and found the recommended tour company for a city and glacier tour. 2.5 hours and it was not bad. We did get the dry (not much personality tour guide, I heard there was a really fun one) tour guide, but the tour was fine and we did not feel we wasted our money. I heard back on ship the fly in's are wonderful and the whale watching is good. I had cancelled our whale watching and was not dissapointed, saw them almost every night at dinner, but I think you get much closer on the excursions.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Sitka
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Loved it, my favorite part. Beautiful place. No plans, got off the ship (it is a tender, not bad, they use the life boats) and walked to the National Park with all the totem poles. It is a nice walk and you see the town that way; we stopped at the Bishop House and toured the free part, and stopped at the hatchery, these are both on the walk to the park. Then walked back to town, lunch. My husband broke off to find an internet cafe to do some work (the ship internet is good, but wouldn't let him download a program he needed to design some buildings), my daughter and I walked through town and did a little shopping.

Back to ship, room for a short rest, dinner, kids club for daughter. My husband and I tried the broadway type show, but ended up walking out. We found it very bad, but some people liked it; matter of opinion. I went to the internet cafe, he to the casino.

More Sitka Reviews Sitka Port Profile Sitka Forum