Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > snowbird53's Port Reviews of Cartagena (Colombia),, San Diego, Los Angeles

snowbird53's Port Reviews of Cartagena (Colombia),, San Diego, Los Angeles
Norwegian Pearl cruise in April 2009
Member Name: snowbird53
Cruise Date: April 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Member Review: snowbird53's Norwegian Pearl Review
Cartagena (Colombia)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I didn't know what to expect with this port of call. We did the tour of the old town.Part of the tour was by bus and part of it we walked. Our tour guide was Flamico ( I am not sure of the spelling of his name) but he was wonderful. He was so knowledgeable and kind making sure that he waited for all of us on the walking tour, not rushing us. He said he was a teacher. We got such a history lesson and gave us a new appreciation for Cartagena. would definately do this tour again.

More Cartagena (Colombia) Reviews Cartagena (Colombia) Port Profile Cartagena (Colombia) Forum
San Diego
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
we were supposed to go to Cabo San Lucas and Alcapulco, Mexico but because of the swine flu the United States government didn't want us going into the Mexican ports. So they scrambled and added San Diego to our ports of call and lined up off shore excursions for us. We had lived in San Diego 30 years ago so we just went out on our own and went to Sea World. It probably would have been cheaper to go with the off shore excursion by the time we paid for a taxi to take us there. We had a great time and we were impressed that NCL scrambled and in a matter of hours of when we found out we could not enter the Mexican ports. I was only disappointed because we had planned to swim with the dolphins excursion in Mexico, but we would rather have skipped it than risk getting the flu. I was suprised I didn't hear anyone complaining about not being able to go to Mexio. But San Diego was a great alternative, its a beautiful city. The staff were very upbeat also about letting everyone know that better to be safe than sorry as far as not going into Mexico.

More San Diego Reviews San Diego Port Profile San Diego Forum
Los Angeles
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
this is where we disembarked. There were off shore excursions here for people who were staying on to Seattle. there were also excursions people could take if their flights weren't leaving until later in the evening. we didn't do this because we had family meeting us in the port of los angeles and spent the day with family. Next time I think I would take the excusion where you eat at a restaurant up the coast then go shopping on Rodeo Drive.

More Los Angeles Reviews Los Angeles Port Profile Los Angeles Forum