Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > nps001's Port Reviews of Santorini, Mykonos, Istanbul, Athens (Piraeus), Capri

nps001's Port Reviews of Santorini, Mykonos, Istanbul, Athens (Piraeus), Capri
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: nps001's Celebrity Solstice Review
Santorini
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Beatutiful!   We had absolutely no issues with tenders going or coming back.  We had the best Gyros at a small cafe.

More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Mykonos
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We decided we wanted a relaxing day and went to Paradise Beach.  I would skip this.  It is a very happening place during the summer but not much was yet opened.   Getting a taxi back was a major headache.
More Mykonos Reviews Mykonos Port Profile Mykonos Forum
Istanbul
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I am combining these because of lack of space.   Istanbul was very interesting and the tour guide was fantastic.   However, other than going out at night (we stayed out 'til 5am) and visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia's, and the Bazzar, I think it lacked compared to Ephesus.

Ephesus was beautiful.   We went to the House of the Virgin Mary and also the ruins.  Again, the tour guide was excellent.   For the price, including lunch, we thought the tour was a great value.

More Istanbul Reviews Istanbul Port Profile Istanbul Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
This was the most disappointing of the ports.   The highlight was the Acropolis and we couldn't wait to finish the tour.   Unforutnately, the crowds were out of control.   There were way too many people and many were pushing/shoving.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Capri
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Amazing!   Beautiful!   We visited Capri, had lunch in Sorrento, and then off to Pompei.   The first two were by hydrofoil, and the last by bus.   Honestly, after seeing so many ruins, I didn't want to go to Pompei but I am so glad that I did.  I highly recommend this tour.

More Capri Reviews Capri Port Profile Capri Forum