Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Mimi A's Port Reviews of St. Martin, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Virgin Gorda, St. John (U.S.V.I.)

Azamara Journey cruise in January 2009
Member Name: Mimi A
Cruise Date: January 2009
Member Review: Mimi A's Azamara Journey Review
St. Martin
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We anchored off Marigot, the French capital. It did not have the variety of activity that the Dutch capital has. Our shore excursion was Mountaintop Downhill Rainforest which we were disappointed with. The views at the top were wonderful as we could see the Dutch port with several ships in port, but the downhill trek was not worth it. It was extremely uneven terrain compared to other rainforest treks we have taken & there was little fauna & flora of unusual type to enjoy, especially since we had to watch every step we took so as not to misstep. We did see zip-lining excursions running through this area also that looked rather difficult except for the young & nimble.

More St. Martin Reviews St. Martin Port Profile St. Martin Forum
St. Croix
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Christiansted is a lovely port that hasn't been touched by tourism much yet. We did the Buck Island snorkel excursion which was excellent. It required a "bus" ride to the port of Frederikstad to embark on our catamarran. Wish we had some time to walk around that port, however.
More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Kitts
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Was most disappointed that St. Kitts seems to be turning into another St. Thomas with the commercialism; however, shopping is excellent. We took the Scenic Rail Tour which was relaxing & included free drink (alcoholic) & local choir singing.

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Virgin Gorda
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
The main attraction here is the Baths. This is a must, but we had previously visited here so we took a longer "island tour" which provided numerous excellent views of the BVI & USVI. We saw Necker Island, Mr. Branson's private retreat, & Copper Mine National Park on a safari-type vehicle with photo stops.

More Virgin Gorda Reviews Virgin Gorda Port Profile Virgin Gorda Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This is our favorite port in the Caribbean. We enjoyed the same snorkeling tour we had previously taken but went to a different private island to snorkel. The beauty of St. John is unsurpassed in my opinion probably because it is mostly designated a national park and is therefore kept as it is and not commercialized. Of course, Trunk Bay is gorgeous.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum