Member Reviews

Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: Anjjmum0294's Carnival Paradise Review
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

I'm giving it a four only because of the stingray express excursion. They were fabulous, and the water was crystal clear! Absolutely gorgeous! The island itself is far to commercialized for my liking. I wanted a tropical setting, and got all the comforts of home. Chinese, fast food, hotels, all within walking distance of the pier. Everything was about the Benjamins, and how to get them. There were seven ships photographers and various island photographers trying to cattle herd you into pictures right off the ship! For $15 a pop! Beware also of this ships excursion desk! Ivor the clerk, and VJ the manager are ignorant and will holler and scream at you if you complain. As I did when their excursion attempted to strand myself and my daughter claiming we had no ride (even though Ivor said there was just an hour ago and it was agreed by the operators there) back to the pier. There were paint chips coming off on our legs because of the excursion boat. We were blended in with a stingray excursion that was also going to a beach after, and they refused to bring us anywhere except to the beach where they tried to convince us to spit out another $25 for the beach! They hollered at us "Just get the hell on the god damned bus!" We refused the beach and got taken back to the pier in a private jeep of a MGR of the tiki beach resort . Awkward!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Cozumel is different I will give it that. It still has it's old world appeal, and there is a taco place right near the terminal behind a building in front of the taxi area that is fabulous! But the cab drivers are crazy. Our first driver charged us $20 dollars to go to a beach down the road from the terminal called Ocean and said it was free. Hardly. It cost twelve dollars to enter, and we got herded in to a picture with parrots for $15. The water in this place was worse than back home. Seaweed as far as the eyes could see, and the water dirty full of refuse. They won't let you inspect the area before paying either. The beach sand was like kitty litter, and there were vendors bothering you every ten mins with things to buy things. Even knock off Coach and Guess bags! We were there for 45 mins and left. Calling it a lesson learned. And get this, the same cab ride was suddenly $14!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum