Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > MarcyReally's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Grand Cayman

MarcyReally's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Grand Cayman
Carnival Legend cruise in June 2014
Member Name: MarcyReally
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: MarcyReally's Carnival Legend Review
Cozumel
America's Cup Rating: Not Rated

We didn't know what to expect but it was a fun little sail, although short. I think the course could have been set out of the port area, maybe more offshore so the legs of the race were longer. Not to be too picky since the sailboat is no longer actually racing but the sails on the Canadian boat are blown out. The tour operator was a great guy though. A fun time was had by all.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Scuba Diving Rating: Not Rated

Diving with Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection was a great experience. Skipping the cruise ship tender was worth the extra money. The dive masters and crew were wonderful, friendly and helpful. I have never been on a dive boat that the guys/gals helped or even requested that they change out the gear from the 1st to the 2nd dive. This was wonderful because I was with my 2 teenage boys, they sort of know how to set up their gear but I would have needed to do all 3 sets by myself. These guys were great, the coral however was dead. I wish they wouldn't throw the anchor on top of the reef. They need to campaign the government for mooring buoys. We went to Mid Point and Pine Ridge reefs. The sponges were cool, the colors were fluorescent! I would highly recommend this shore excursion.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Grand Cayman
Scuba - Certified Rating: Not Rated

Diving with Don Foster's Dive Shop. The coral reefs were beautiful, the water was so clear, the fish were fun to watch and the turtle that stopped to watch US was really cool. We went to Wall Street reef and Paradise Cove reef then Wreck of the Oro Verde. I really wish we could have gone to more of a wall but we did come off a cruise ship, they don't know anyone's skill level. Compared to diving in Belize City the diving was excellent but there was absolutely no help with the equipment. I was spoiled by the operator in Belize City that helped with changing out the equipment for my 2 teenage boys. These guys never offered any help other than maybe offering a hand up the ladder (not for me though--no one close enough to offer a hand). I have been diving in the Caymans before and the reefs still look great which is very encouraging that the government is enforcing nature protection laws. I highly recommend this shore excursion. Don't miss diving the Caymans!!!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum