Member Reviews

Cruise Date: July 2014
Member Review: getagrippe's Freedom of the Seas Review
St. Thomas
Turtle Swim Rating: Not Rated

I have never snorkeled before and I had no idea what to expect. They boat you out to a cove where the water is very very clear and it's only 20 feet. You have the choice whether to walk in or jump off the boat. They teach you how to put on your mask and use the snorkel. There were kids 4 years old that were snorkeling up to 80 years old. I recommend it for families that want to snorkel but aren't sure if they will like it. I ended up loving it and i'm 18 years old! I know I wouldn't have loved it as much if we didn't have such a helpful crew. They were so caring, and really wanted our experience to be a great one. They showed us where the turtles, fish, and other sea creatures were. They were super helpful, and they made me feel comfortable. We saw a lot of turtles and fish, and they were so willing to come up to us humans. It's a great experience, and I would do it again.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
CocoCay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

At CocoCay we went on the nature walk which they showed us lizards, talked about the history of the Bahamas and the islands, learned a lot about the trees on the island and how they make medicine out of the leaves from the trees. It was a quick tour, but we learned and saw a lot.

We also rented Floating Beach Mats, and thank god we did. In the water we saw a 4 foot stingray. If we weren't on our floating beach mats I probably would have cried. Not a big fan of what is living in the ocean, and honestly we would have never known it was there but we heard kids yelling that they saw it.

We also went Jet Skiing which was an experience I am glad i endured. I was very nervous because i never have drove a jet ski before, but they were very helpful and I felt very comfortable after a while. You do have to go fast to stay with the group. My average speed was 41 mph and I was in the back of the pack. Make sure you stay in the wake of the person in front of you so you don't go over huge waves. The guide will also do some crazy turns so make sure you are prepared for a fun ride. I would do it again!

More CocoCay Reviews CocoCay Port Profile CocoCay Forum