Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > pinksugar's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, Grand Turk

pinksugar's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, Grand Turk
Carnival Breeze cruise in June 2014
Member Name: pinksugar
Cruise Date: June 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: pinksugar's Carnival Breeze Review
Aruba
ATV Rental Rating: Not Rated

Was the Best Excursion ever!! We booked before we left with company called, Kini Kini. Awesome ATV Tour!! Picked us up at soon as off the ship took us to location where to start the tour. Only like 6 ATV's in our tour which made it great! Not Crowded! We rode doubled on 1 ATV, my husband drove and I took pictures. We got to ride these ATV's on the road! That was cool. Then we visited 3 places. 1st stop was the Catholic Chapel which our guide told us all about it's history. Then we went to the Gold Mining Ruins. He explained the history of it to us also. Very cool place. The waves were so huge here and were hitting the rocks making for great pictures!! There were stones places everywhere where people had made their own rock formation. We made us one, even though we were alone we included our children in our formation. Then off to the Natural Pool. This place was GREAT! The ride to get here was amazing!! If your scared of heights I do Not suggest going here! It's high up. Then once there gotta walk down to the natural pool area. The waves were like 10 feet high so we were not able to get into the water, which was fine because with the waves crashing into the rocks we got some incrediable pictures!! The water was very clear aqua colored!! This was an amazing tour and If I'm ever in the area of Aruba again I'd for sure do it again!! :)

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Very Pretty Place!! We didn't do an excurstion here, just ventured out and did our own thing. When we got off the ship there were huge waves hitting the rocks making for awesome pictures!! We went across the Swining opening and closing bridge. Very cool. We shopped and looked around at it's beauty. We ate the best nachos ever at this place called, The Sopranos. We were ported here from 2pm til 10pm. We got to see our ship lit up at night, very pretty! Near the ship there was a bar with music playing and we just relaxed here until dinner time at 8:15pm. Very nice Day here at Curacao!! Next time might venture out and do an excursion. I'd go here again for sure!!

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum
Dominica
Dune Buggy Rating: Not Rated

This was the 1st time we've ever done an excursion with the ships. But I had read that this location wasn't the best place ever. So wanted to stay safe so we decided to go with the ship. It was a little on the pricey side but it was a very fun excursion. We did the off road buggy tour. It went through sugar cane fields. It was a long excursion. Get ready to get Dirty!! You will need sunglasses and bandanas. We brought our own. I think they had their own though if you needed them. This was a fun excursion just remember this though, it goes through a village that is trashy. Meaning it shows the way they live. Sad, just sad! Kids begging you for money, your sunglasses or anything you have. We actually seen some kids that were nude! They said not to give them anything because we couldn't give to them all. This was a fun excursion but I think if we ever port at Dom. Rep. again we will just stay on the ship.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: Not Rated

Awesome Beach location! We ventured down to a little place called Jack's Shack which is just right down the beach from the ship. It was not crowded and gave us room to play in the ocean. The ocean was clear, clean and aqua colored!! We did get into the pool at Margaritaville but it was so crowded we didn't stay long. We shopped a little before getting back on the ship. This was a Very Pretty location. I would for sure go here again!!

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum