Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dosi33's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria

dosi33's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: dosi33's Grand Princess Review
Ketchikan
Totem Bight State Park Rating: Not Rated

We did the Totems, Eagles, and Lighthouses tour through ShoreTrips. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and I was especially glad that they provided binoculars for us to use. We got great pictures of the totem poles and tons of gorgeous eagle shots. I was a little disappointed in the lighthouse though. It seemed pretty modern and was not nearly as "romantic" as the one's on the Georgia coast. The guides were very friendly and helped us find the animals and other interesting things to see.

Wildlife Cruise Rating: Not Rated

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Boat Tour Rating: Not Rated

We did a triple combo through Shore Trips that was Whale Watching, Mendenhal Glacier, and Salmon Bake. What a wonderful day. The people on the whale watching trip were very informative and entertaining. We got to see about 10-12 different humpback whales and I was very happy about that since we went so early in the season. The glaciers are so beautiful, and there is a visitors center at Mendenhal Glacier that has all kinds of interesting things to learn. The Salmon Bake was great. Who knew Salmon could be that good? It was a beautiful location also with lots of great photo ops.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: Not Rated

We took the White Pass railway and Bus tour to Carcross. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough! The scenery is gorgeous, and you can learn all about the hardships the hopeful goldminers went through to try to get a piece of the action.
We went up into the Yukon and had lunch at a place that also trains sled dogs and they had a bunch out that you could play with. There were also some puppies that were adorable. Also donkeys, piglets, and goats that you could feed and pet.
We toured a traditional village in Carcross, got to see a desert in the middle of nowhere in the Yukon, and saw some of the most amazing scenery of the whole trip.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Victoria
Double Decker Bus Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

My biggest complaint about Victoria is that we weren't there long enough! A beautiful city that I wish we had more time in!

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum