Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > blackshadrack's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau

blackshadrack's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau
Norwegian Gem cruise in May 2014
Member Name: blackshadrack
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: blackshadrack's Norwegian Gem Review
Port Canaveral
Airboat Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

The Airboat tour was very good. Outside of the fact that I was bitten by a swarm of ants was the only blemish. We actually saw some Alligators during the tour. The captain of the boat was very knowledgeable and could drive the hell out of the boat!! Afterwards there's a quick refreshment break where you're treated to some deep fried Alligator which is DELICIOUS! Next there's a wildlife show with a little opossum, a baby Alligator and a Python snake which you can hold and take a pic with for $5 after the show. Proceeds help with the sanctuary.

Cocoa Beach Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

Either we were let out at the low rent end or the beach is just trashy. After walking on to the sand in our barefeet we had to hurry up and put on our water shoes because the sand was FULL of ground up seashells and walking in your bare feet was hazardous. Before the beach we went to Cocoa Village and outside of places to eat, all of the shops look like they were in your grandparents basement. Nothing even worthwhile mentioning.

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This was the highlight of my trip! We went on the Jet Ski tour and LET ME TELL YOU...I think I have a new hobby. The instructors have the best job in the world! Next we went Parasailing. Very disappointed with how short the activity was. Loved it nonetheless. GSC is a nice island and when you get there they feed you and entertain you with a live band and perfect little beach. My advice: Don't book more than one excursion per port. We made that mistake and didn't have much time left to enjoy the rest of the time there.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum
Nassau
Nassau Tour Rating: Not Rated

Total waste of time and wished that we could've spent more time at the beaches. You get to Nassau and about 9pm and can hangout at the local hot spots like Senor Frog until late. The next day we went on our excursion and I hated it. By the time we came back and did a little shopping it was time to get back on the ship. I really liked Nassau and will be going back as soon as possible to really enjoy what they have to offer.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum