Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: Renee M's Navigator of the Seas Review
Roatan
Beach Day Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We booked independently through Pirates of the Caribbean for an extreme ziplining adventure and a private beach day at Parrot Tree resort. There were 11 of us (family members) on this excursion. We arrived at port and found the booth for our excursion. Apparently, the company sub-contracts another company to take you on your excursion. So, we all piled into this van that I wasn't too sure was going to make it to our destination. It was definitely an adventure, lol. Probably not for the uptight. You definitely had to have an open mind. Half of my family did the zipline (not me) and said it was amazing. The other half of my family went straight to the private beach at Parrot Tree. I can say this was literally my own little paradise. Blue water, white sand, and reasonably priced fruity adult beverages. We spent 3 hours here before having to return to port. Having the view and relaxation was totally worth the crazy ride to get there.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated

If I could give this 10 stars, I would have. This was, by far, my favorite excursion. We booked independently in port with Exotic Eco Adventures to go snorkeling. We had a good 30-45 minute boat ride to a little island named Goff's Caye. There were quite a few people... probably 150... on this island. Our tour guides/ snorkel instructors quickly gave us a group name so we could stick together. They gave us a lesson on how to wear the mask/snorkel, and went over some signals in case we got into some trouble. I had never snorkeled before and was nervous. There were 3 instructors who went with my group into the water (one of them was the medic that was on our boat) and I felt very safe. The views were AWESOME!!! There was a ton of coral, hundreds of beautiful fish, HUGE sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. It was breathtaking! I'm not sure how long we were snorkeling but after being called back in, there was bbq chicken, hot dogs, chips, sodas, beer (all for a reasonable price... so bring extra money!), and FREE UNLIMITED rum punch. The guides made this such a fun excursion. We're definitely looking forward to booking with them again!

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: Not Rated

This was our first cruise and 3rd port to be in. We booked excursions in the other 2 ports and decided not to book one in Cozumel. We probably should have. The jewelry vendors are overly pushy to get you in their stores. We just walked around in port, bought a couple souvenirs for our kids, ate lunch at Senor Frogs... which was the most fun we had at this port. And that's probably not saying much. If we decide to come back, we will have to book an excursion and hopefully that will change my mind.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum