Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Mahmoniker's Port Reviews of Hamburg, Edinburgh, Dover, Le Havre, St. Peter Port (Guernsey), Brugge (Bruges)

MSC Magnifica cruise in April 2014
Member Name: Mahmoniker
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Member Review: Mahmoniker's MSC Magnifica Review
Hamburg
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

This city has interesting architecture and bus/ferry transportation is easy. Leaving the town on the river is a lovely experience. I do not recommend Hamburg as compared to other European ports but understand Lubeck is a wonderful historical walled city worth a trip.

More Hamburg Reviews Hamburg Port Profile Hamburg Forum
Edinburgh
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This port MADE the trip worthwhile. Public transportation a breeze and city wonderful. Art, castle, shopping, history, views, churches...a wonderful taste of a wonderful isle. We will go back.

More Edinburgh Reviews Edinburgh Port Profile Edinburgh Forum
Dover
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

The cliffs are interesting to see. We wanted to hike but Sunday availability of taxis limited and we had already gone to Canterbury Cathedral so didn't want to chance not getting taxi.

Trains easy to catch to other nearby places and of course, ability to speak English, helped with transport etc.

More Dover Reviews Dover Port Profile Dover Forum
Le Havre
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

I rate this a three because I did take an excursion to Mont St Michel and this port allowed me to do so. It makes several desirable locations available but town itself is a working port.

My boyfriend took shuttle into town and found several interesting things to do including an interesting 20th century church.

I found the drive to St Michel interesting because was able to see Normandy and cross a amazing bridge over the Seine.

More Le Havre Reviews Le Havre Port Profile Le Havre Forum
St. Peter Port (Guernsey)
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

I am glad that MSC offered this port because I would never otherwise see this isle.

We had to be back onboard at 1 pm and perhaps a couple extra hours to hike would help.

It is neat, everything near to tender dock.

Public transport easily allows one to go entirely around island and see bunkers from WWII.

More St. Peter Port (Guernsey) Reviews St. Peter Port (Guernsey) Port Profile St. Peter Port (Guernsey) Forum
Brugge (Bruges)
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

This was my third visit to Bruges. Other trips including staying several days.

It's beauty is now lost in hoards of tourists.

Disneyland has arrived.

I will not return.

It might be worth a visit to see "the Madonna" but otherwise...I'd go to Ghent.

More Brugge (Bruges) Reviews Brugge (Bruges) Port Profile Brugge (Bruges) Forum