Member Reviews

Cruise Date: April 2014
Member Review: WECoyote's Liberty of the Seas Review
Belize City
Lamanai Mayan Ruins Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

The ruins were fantastic and something to see. However, our guide left a lot to be desired. He was so locked into minutia and repeating everything over and over that he lost the interest of the entire group with a couple of minutes at every stop.

The bus ride was long, but that could not be avoided. The boat ride in to the ruins was an hour and 20 minutes. That was excessive, especially as there was no animal, plant, or anything else or interest seen during the trip. The trip out was only 40 minutes and we saw many different interesting critters. The additional 40 minutes we could have had at the ruins if we had taken the shorter route in would have been very welcome.

The food we were served for lunch was acceptable for the most part. I say for the most part because I cannot eat curry and the chicken was curried. the rest of the meal was palatable but nothing to write home about.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We took the Fury Snorkel and Beach Break. My breakdown of the ratings are this: Snorkel 2 and beach break 5.

The snorkel sites were very good. There were a lot of different sea critters to see and the water was extremely clear. The problem with the snorkel was the they tried to group the people and herd them like a bunch of cattle or sheep, It was not enjoyable at all to be hit with arms and/or flippers every few seconds. Further, the snorkel equipment was one size fits all. That worked well for my wife, but mine leaked continuously in spite of being swapped out twice. I am an experience diver and I am very well versed in dive/snorkel equipment.This stuff was garbage.

The beach break was fantastic. It was a private beach and the facilities and amenities (including beverages) were very good.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum