Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > MAMCHLT's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, Dominica

MAMCHLT's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, Dominica
Carnival Breeze cruise in April 2014
Member Name: MAMCHLT
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: MAMCHLT's Carnival Breeze Review
Aruba
Jeep Tour Rating: Not Rated

From beginning to end this was a great tour. The jeep (Land Rover) driver was very nice and made sure we had a fun and exciting time. The riding in the jeep was fun and exciting. The driver really knew how to have fun with the jeep. We also got to see all of the interesting places in Aruba: The Cave Drawings, the north shore, the natural bridge, the light house and the Ostrich farm. At our final stop, we had the opportunity to go snorkeling. I almost passed on the snorkeling because we were just walking into the water from the beach and the water was not deep. But I was pleasantly surprised. There were hundreds of fish in the water. I saw more fish snorkeling here than I have ever seen on previous snorkeling trips. I would rate this excursion as a must do. (Note if you have a bad back; you probably should not take this excursion as the ride can be somewhat bumpy.)

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Distillery Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We took an island tour which took us by the Curacao Distillery. The tour was very nice. We got to see different parts of the island; while also having an opportunity to see where the Curacao Liqueur was made. There we had the opportunity to taste the different colors of Curacao and buy some to take home. This was a fun tour.

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum
Grand Turk
Stingray Swim Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

This stingray swim was disappointing. We saw two stingrays while we were in the water and saw a third swimming around as we were leaving the area. We also spent a little time on the guided snorkel tour. Although we did see a few lobster in the coral, there was not much else to see. For those who like to eat Conch, they did provide fresh Conch. One of the guides dove down to the bottom and brought back two Conch. They then showed us how to get the Conch out of the shell and let those who wanted to taste them, taste the fresh Conch. That was the only interesting part of the trip. I would not suggest this trip.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
Dominica
Port Rating: Not Rated

I did not like this tour for many reasons: #1 Our tour was cancelled because they could not find enough people; so we ended up on this tour instead. #2 We had to provide our own transportation to their location. Getting a taxi cab at the cruise terminal was a nightmare. I would never try that again. #3 Due to the time wasted getting a taxi, we did not have much time to spend on the island. #4 The food provided was not good. The meat was too tough to eat. #5 The snorkel gear was not cleaned between users. I saw snorkel gear go from one person into a pile, just to be picked up and used by the next person. It was never cleaned between people. Just the thought of the snorkel going from mouth to mouth without being washed was disgusting. For those reasons I would NEVER recommend SEAVIS or the Soana Island or Soana Carinval Special. We did enjoy the brief stop at the sand bar where they found live starfish and allowed us to hold them and take pictures with them. However, I still would NOT recommend Seavis.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum