Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > IslandGrl411's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

IslandGrl411's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk
Carnival Liberty cruise in April 2014
Member Name: IslandGrl411
Cruise Date: April 2014
Member Review: IslandGrl411's Carnival Liberty Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

I didn't purchase an excursion. I took the $8 round trip ferry to Paradise Island. I walked around and rode the ferry back. I got a late start to my day and didn't have much time. If I had more time I could have walked to the free beach in Paradise Island. Just an idea if you would like to save some money.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Thomas
St. John Snorkel/Sail Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

This was a nice excursion. The beach at St. John Trunk Bay was absolutely beautiful. The water was so clear that you didn't even need snorkel gear to see the fish. I didn't actually snorkel. A lot of people chose not to snorkel. I hung out at the beach and played in the warm water. We only made two stops where we got out of the bus and took a few photos. Other than that the bus was not much of a tour.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
San Juan
Walking Tour of Old San Juan Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

I arrived about 30 minutes early and I was greeted by three very friendly tour guides. She answered all my questions and seemed very excited. The tour went thru San Juan. Pointed out serval buildings. We walked to the fort. Once in the fort the guide was very informative. It's essential that you wear comfortable sturdy shoes. Flip flops and other flimsy shoes/sandals not recommended. If you have joint or knee issues please take an ibruprophen the night before and morning of. It is a lot if walking. If u are afraid of closed dark places beware. The guide was good about warning people and letting people wait in places. Also wear sunscreen and sun hats. The tour gives u a bottle of water but bring ur own if it's going to be a hot day. Also you might want to bring some fruit or pack a snack. The tour is long and many people were complaining about being hungry. There was a lot of stopping and talking. If I wasn't solo cruising I would have went on my own. Everything is very close to the ship ( with in walking distance). The city is very easy to get around. San Juan is very small and you feel very safe because there are many people walking around (during the day). I really wouldn't recommend this tour at all. I think you are better off going on your own.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
Grand Turk
Stingray Swim Rating: Not Rated

The Stingray Swim at Gibbs Cay was wonderful. There were many stingrays. The guides helped you with the stingrays. They held them while you touched and took photos. They also took photos for $10 each. You pay at the port ( cash only) and they email them in about 2-3 days. If you think you might want the photos make sure you get off the boat first and get immediately in line. You have to view the photos on a laptop and they only had three. Kelvin the Captain was amaizing.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum