Member Reviews

Embarkation: Houston
Member Review: bnight's Caribbean Princess Review
Belize City
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

The next day we went to Belize. The worst part of Belize is the tender ride going and coming back. The tenders insist on having the boat to full capacity or more (some were standing on the way back) before they launch. So it makes for a long and smelly and uncomfortable wait. We were waiting so long going to Belize we almost got off the tender, thinking we would just spend the day on the ship, and then they finally launched. In Belize the shopping is good. The problem is there is not much shopping that is unique. I did find a little booth behind the main stores that I always visit when we go to Belize. The couple make unique jewelry from shells and has managed to support their family over the years by making the jewelry. I always try to buy something there while in Belize.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Our first stop was Cozumel and it was wonderful! We were the only ship in port!! That made the shopping so much more pleasant and the beaches were not crowded at all. It was a very pleasant day

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

The next day we went to Mahogany Bay, in Roatan. Again, we were the only ship present so the beach was not crowded at all. We just went to the beach and shopping right in Mahogany Bay. It is hard to beat that. The only criticism I have is that by the afternoon some garbage was washing up on the beach. I do not know if someone was dumping garbage close by but it did detract from the beach area. I do not know if that happens very often, we have been there before and not seen it. But it was a little unpleasant.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum