Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > djgravity's Port Reviews of Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize City

djgravity's Port Reviews of Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize City
Carnival Glory cruise in March 2014
Member Name: djgravity
Cruise Date: March 2014
Member Review: djgravity's Carnival Glory Review
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

The tour guides picked us up in the port and walked us to a bus and shuttled us about 15 minutes to the boat. The entire crew was fantastic (which is why this was our second time doing this tour). It was about a 20 minute boat ride to stingray city and we got about an hour in the water. The guides were fantastic with anyone who had an underwater camera. They gave us plenty of extra time and took about 20 pictures of us holding the stingrays.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We just planned on doing a little shopping while in Cozumel. After some good advice from a very seasoned cruiser we were talking to we decided to take the $8 taxi to downtown because they will haggle, unlike the port shops. It was about a ten minute taxi ride each way. Downtown is nice. The "sales" people were just a little pushy but very polite, unlike many other ports. I had my eyes set on a pair of boots that I fell in love with on the last cruise. They were $800 anywhere you went. We shook hands for $180 plus my baseball cap LOL. It was definitely worth the taxi ride.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: Not Rated

We were supposed to go snorkeling but we canceled, I wasn't feeling well. We took the 20 minutes tender ride into port and I'm sorry that we did. It was a very run down port. The "sales" people were all VERY pushy. I know that there has been a travel warning there for sometime now so we had no intentions of venturing out. We did however walk by the gates and the guards inside the doors had .38 revolvers and the guards outside looked like they were carrying AR-15's. Safe to say that this is a port I will never visit again.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum