Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: IvanMike's Carnival Magic Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

First off we were supposed to go to Roatan, and we were parked right in front of it, and then they decided to leave and go to Belize. They said it was due to rough seas. I have several pictures of the seas and I know I have been in my sailboat and other much smaller boats on seas much rougher than that. The waves were perhaps 2-3 at most. We had brought Christmas presents and other items with us to give to our son who lives on Roatan, this was one of our main reasons to actually go on this cruise. I couldn't believe that there wouldn't be other arrangements for tenders or the other port if this is the case.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Scuba Diving Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

Belize: We picked a two tank dive on Turneffe Atoll. We had read a lot about this trip and thought this would be wonderful. This was my worst dive I have ever done. The dive master was a jerk the whole time except when we were heading back. He didn't talk to anyone on the boat unless he was barking orders. The other dive master Abel was great, really nice, with my luck so far on this cruise I got the jerk for my dive master. The first dive was nothing coral, not many fish, a lobster and that was it. They got all of us on the boat and said we were going to go to the next area to dive. They pulled the anchor and turned the boat on but we didn't move, we floated for about 15 minutes and then they dropped anchor again and we dove the same spot again. Worthless. More coral and saw nothing. The other dive group took off and saw a ray and some other things, but our dive master just stayed pretty much under the boat. Lesson learned, don't get excursions through the cruiseline. Overpriced.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Dolphin Swim & Encounter Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Cozumel: We picked Dolphinaris to swim with Dolphins and snorkel and other activities. The Dolphins were great, our trainer Anna was very knowledgeable and the Dolphin we had was the mother to some of the others. BEWARE: They are Pancho Villa when it comes to cameras, none are allowed as they will rob you later for the pictures they will sell you. After we were done with the dolphins, we grabbed our snorkel items and went with the group to go snorkel. What they don't tell you is they have a small area about the size of our living room that is where you snorkel, and they make you wear a life vest and you can walk the whole thing, so it isn't deep. Then they pack about 50 people in there and give you 20 minutes. So we declined this and asked if we could snorkel in the kayak/paddle board area, the answer in english and spanish was NO. That area was about twice the size of the snorkel area. So we went to the all you can eat buffet, it was worse than the Marketplace on the boat. We did buy the pictures and video, (they ask $250 but you can cut it almost in half) Later on the boat, we put in our CD for the pictures and it didn't work. It took me a few days and some calls all over Mexico, but I finally got the pictures. We heard later that the Chaakanab is the best excursion here in Cozumel. Anything would have been.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum