Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lynvirgin's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Lanzarote, Madeira (Funchal), Gibraltar

lynvirgin's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Lanzarote, Madeira (Funchal), Gibraltar
Destination: Mediterranean
Member Review: lynvirgin's Norwegian Spirit Review
Barcelona
Montserrat Walking Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We were a bit rushed especially the long queue to see Mary, Mother of God in black. We had to get in and out before the Church service commenced andonce the Church service was in process we could not take any pictures. It was a very expensive trip and we did not do or see much to warrant that amount of money being spent.

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Lanzarote
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

I caught the shuttle bus into Arrecife. It was a beautiful sunny day, a bit windy. I managed to find a beach and sunbather for an hour or so. Near the beach was a delightful restaurant where I had garlic sizzling prawns, a Canary Island speciality and they were amazing. I find the service and frienliness on the Canary Islands second to none !

More Lanzarote Reviews Lanzarote Port Profile Lanzarote Forum
Madeira (Funchal)
Port Rating: Not Rated

This must truly be one of the most beautiful islands I have ever visited. Tropical plants, orchids and flowers in abundance everywhere. The people are friendly and festive and in a holiday mood all the time. I went up to the top in a cablecar, - the most spectacular views. I visited The Palace Gardens and could have spent the whole day there if I had the time, so much to see, plants, trees, statues, arts, fountains. koi fish, the delights just went on and on. The highlight was whizzing down the steep winding roads in a "basket", better than a go-kart/rollercoaster ride !

More Madeira (Funchal) Reviews Madeira (Funchal) Port Profile Madeira (Funchal) Forum
Gibraltar
Ape's Den Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

2 monkeys in the Ape's Den and they both looked rather old and seedy and pretty sick.

Rock of Gibraltar Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We took too long to leave, ages at the border and the trip did not include a trip up to the top and to see the caves and apes etc. Ridiculous ! Another tour to book and more money dished out ! With only 4 hrs allowed we only had 45 mins left to shop and explore the town and have lunch. rather disappointing altogether

More Gibraltar Reviews Gibraltar Port Profile Gibraltar Forum