Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > aoverallrn's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Samana and Cayo Levantado

Norwegian Gem cruise in March 2014
Member Name: aoverallrn
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Member Review: aoverallrn's Norwegian Gem Review
San Juan
Canopy Zipline Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Pricey, but a great experience. Experienced, knowledgeable staff. I felt safe and had a great time on their 7 ziplines.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Mirabella catamaran sail & snorkel was a GREAT excursion. One of our funnest days! Free lunch and open bar. Great staff. One snorkel stop and one beach stop near airport beach. WELL worth the money.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Coral World Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Coral World was fun for about an hour. Shark exhibit, stingrays, a little aquarium, and undersea observatory, and a tropical bird exhibit- they land on you if you feed them nectar :)

Coki Beach next to Coral World is pretty, but we left shortly after we went because the vendors are a little intimidating, we were offered to smoke weed, and I did not feel comfortable leaving my bag on my towel unguarded when I wanted to swim. We left and went to Magen's Bay which was gorgeous and much more spacious.

Magen Bay Beach Rating: Not Rated

Gorgeous! Nice and spacious so you don't feel super crowded even though there's a lot of people there.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Samana and Cayo Levantado
Beach Escape Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We loved Cayo Levantado. It is gorgeous. But thankfully we got there early - 9am- by about 10-11am, it was so crowded and people had trouble finding chairs whereas we got one right on the edge in front of the ocean. There's a great little tiki hut there with reasonably priced drinks and you can get a Coco Lobo in a coconut with natural coconut water and all for only $5, or a pina colada in a pineapple! There are vendors, but we didn't feel they were overly pushy. They offer massages on the beach and other trinkets. There is also opportunity to snorkel.... **BEWARE** I don't know that they thoroughly sanitize their snorkeling equipment.. 3 days after this excursion, my husband gets his first cold sore breakout ever. There's no other way he could have gotten oral herpes- he doesn't share drinks or food with anyone ever (not even me!). Bring your own snorkel equipment or take your chances that they may not clean it properly.

More Samana and Cayo Levantado Reviews Samana and Cayo Levantado Port Profile Samana and Cayo Levantado Forum