Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lesssnowmorecruise's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

lesssnowmorecruise's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Celebrity Reflection cruise in March 2014
Member Name: lesssnowmorecruise
Cruise Date: March 2014
Member Review: lesssnowmorecruise's Celebrity Reflection Review
San Juan
Segway Tour Rating: Not Rated

AWESOME! LOVED IT!
Highly recommend! Awesome tour guide and teacher. The tour guide was thorough and patient as he trained us to use the Segway. His first concern was our safety. He did a fabulous job of narrating about the island and his pride and love for it was obvious. It was worth every penny and more!

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Thomas
St. John Snorkel/Sail Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Good tour
This was a good tour. Organized and enjoyable. The tour guide was knowledgable and wanted to make sure everyone had a good time. I would have marked it with more stars if we had been able to snorkel, but unfortunately it was too windy. I appreciated that the cruise line let us know in advance that we might not be able to snorkel and would have refunded our fees if we had decided not to go. I would recommend this tour to others.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: Not Rated

Disappointing
The island of St. Maarten was beautiful, but I would not recommend this tour to see it. When we arrived at the location that had the jeeps, the process to get a jeep was disorganized and chaotic. We were given a walkie talkie with no explanation of what it was going to be used for or how we needed to communicate with it. Once we were on our way, the tour guide led us and narrated over the walkie talkie. I assumed that there would be more off-road type of sight seeing since were were in jeeps, but it was mostly driving in city type traffic. It was difficult for the guide to narrate and drive his own vehicle at the same time. His narrative was very basic and uninformative. It included phrases like "Look at that nice house on the right" or "St. Maarten is a beautiful place to live". We didn't learn any of the history of the island or why there is a dutch side and a french side. Throughout the day, he made comments that were not appropriate to the young girls in our group. When we arrived at Orient Beach (gorgeous!), he told us we had until 3:45pm to be back at our jeep. He contacted us on our walkie talkie at 3:25pm that we needed be back at our jeeps. Frustrating! Towards the end of the tour, he said it was only his second day on the job. It helped to understand why his narrative was so basic, but for the price we paid for the tour, the jeep company should have their staff better trained from the start. I can understand why we had to leave the beach earlier than 3:45 because we hurried to make it back to the boat by the 4:45 departure (we were back on at 4:30). I was fine with being at the jeep at 3:30, but he should have told us that in the first place. Although Celebrity would have waited for us, it made our return very stressful and hurried. I would not recommend this tour.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum