Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dgilson's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

dgilson's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk
Carnival Liberty cruise in February 2014
Member Name: dgilson
Cruise Date: February 2014
Member Review: dgilson's Carnival Liberty Review
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Just gorgeous!
Water and beach were spectacular!! Having the ships buffett on the beach was a very nice touch.
Get off the boat early..get a spot and just enjoy for the day!
I didn't understand why people wanted to rent a cabana..
There was a nice restroom there.
Just seemed like a waste of money to me.
Bring your own snorkel gear..we were so glad we did. No need to pay at each port and I wouldn't want to put my mouth on something someone else had their mouth on.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We were amazed at the turquoise waters here. So beautiful!
We wanted to go on our own and not take an excursion so took a cab with others to a beach called Secret Harbour. I wouldn't recommend it. It was a condo-even though we rented chairs they told us where we had to sit (not allowed to sit in front of the condo). They moved our stuff and put a condo persons chair right in front of us while we were in the water. Very rude.
I had wanted to go to St. Johns and was very sorry we did not do that.
Snorkeling here was awesome.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

We are not much into history so this wasn't our ideal spot.
We took a walking tour on our own and went to the castle closest to the ship. Very crowded. Not worth the walk except for the view which you can see from the boat.
We took a taxi to a beach called Escambrone and it was amazing. Not crowded. Fish were so beautiful and so close to the beach.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Their beach is gorgeous! If you love animals which I do..be prepared to see very hungry, homeless dogs walking along the beach which is downright pathetic. I got food and water from Margaritaville from the waitresses to help this one dog that was so skinny and pregnant. It was upsetting.
The locals told me that there are thousands on the island. Shame they don't try to control it with neutering and such but they didn't seem to have a shelter there.
Other than that..beach was beautiful except for lots of litter from cigarettes and beer bottle caps.
Margaritaville was amazing but very expensive.
It cost $35.00 for nachos and one pina colada!
Be prepared to spend some cash!

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum