Member Reviews

Cruise Date: March 2014
Member Review: molar99's Norwegian Sun Review
Aruba
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

visiting Aruba on a Sunday is not good. Too many things are closed. The beach is beautiful but the only taxi driver available when we left the ship would only take us to Carlisle beach for $18.00--several dollars more than the fair listed at the terminal. We returned for $4.00 for both of us by a nice, open air tour driver with his group!

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Barbados
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Shore excursion staff made sure that the Cococabana Beach Bar Beach day excursion would take me with the rolling walker. The excursion staff from that beach bar were fabulous to me and my husband. The beach itself was close enough so that I could walk to water and I was in and out of the water constantly the whole time there. I even saw a huge starfish in about 5 ft. of crystal clear water!!!! The young man from the bar who carried my walker for me, came by several times to make sure that everything was OK and went himself to get us our complimentary drinks!! Cudos to extraordinary service!!!! I would go back anytime to Barbados! They treasure the handicapped tourist!!!

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Because of my mobility issues we did not plan an excursion but went off the ship to see what we might see. There was a FREE open air trolley-train affair that went by the ship every 10 minutes and ferried folks to the Havensight Mall. It was only because of this free service that we went looking for the Lorimar jewelry that I wanted to purchase. Good thinking with the FREE trolley ride. Because of it, one merchant benefitted from my jewelry purchase and instead of just a ring, I bought the ring, bracelet, earrings and pendant!!!

I will not soon forget that the merchants of Havensight mall value their tourists!!!

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum