Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > bandrich's Port Reviews of Ocho Rios, Costa Maya, Cozumel

bandrich's Port Reviews of Ocho Rios, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Norwegian Epic cruise in March 2014
Member Name: bandrich
Cruise Date: March 2014
Member Review: bandrich's Norwegian Epic Review
Ocho Rios
River Tubing Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Tubing down a fresh water river was fun, although I am a little short and the mandatory life vest kept poking me in the neck. I am a very good swimmer, so I just unzipped it. If you are not a good swimmer you would want to just take the poking as part of the fun was the rapids along the way that could cause you to take a spill. No one in our group turned over, but we heard other did. It was a little bit of a ride but the guide, Kimone, was great. She shared her love of her home, the educational system and history of Jamaica. At the beach, Kimone, made sure we were all fed and had fresh drinks. The food and drinks were part of the tour and were very good. Downside to port itself was when you left the ship, you could not take two steps without people trying to give you a ride, sell you some good or offering a "better" tour than the ship. I almost turned around and got back on the ship until it was time to leave for our tour as it was simply overwhelming. Thank goodness for my husband who just started blocking the people from coming up to me.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum
Costa Maya
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Speed boat, snorkeling and beach break. Loved the boats, the water and the beach itself. The bathrooms were very clean and the drinks free. The food was "cash only," as we were told their machine was not working. The sales people with the goods were a little in your face, but once they knew you had no cash they stayed away. The food service was very slow and I felt sorry for the man trying to keep up with a terribly understaffed area and after a 45 minute travel to the beach, boat ride to and from the reef, snorkeling at the reef and a walk on the beach you are at least a little hungry. There was no town, just a port area with a commercial shopping area and a big pool in the middle of the retail area. The prices were way to high on pottery, outdoor wall decor and tee-shirts. I would not waste my time or money.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Catamaran to Passion Island. Nice beach day. We got some beautiful pictures of the mangroves away from the busy beach. The water was full of waves, warm and inviting. There were plenty of chairs to lounge around. Lunch and drinks were included and were good. We had the fish, salad and chips with salsa. Again, the sales people were a little aggressive and the prices for the ceramics outrageous. Happily, by this point I had learned to say no thank you and walk away. Back In Cozumel we got some great deals at the liquor store and the family and friends were happy with their goodies.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum