Member Reviews

Destination: Alaska
Member Review: bandrich's Norwegian Sun Review
Ketchikan
Misty Fjords Wilderness Cruise Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Absolutely beautiful area. Friendly, experienced crew that made the trip fun and educational. I was upstairs taking in the view and so many pictures that my ears began to hurt from the cold. Guess that is a sign of someone not accustom to the cold. The ride can be a little bumpy, damp and cloudy, but that is part of being in Alaska. My only wish would be some more individual space, as being smaller made it difficult for me to get the pictures I wanted when others stood in front of me or walked over me.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Float Plane Rating: Not Rated

My husband and I agreed this was our favorite tour. Flying over the glaciers was a once in a lifetime experience. Our guides at the Lodge were graduate students, which were full of knowledge about the area and much unexpected understanding of the history and ecological significance of the area. The lunch was the best salmon (cedar planked) and fresh. Coming from Florida fresh fish or none is my rule and the lunch was all fresh down to the glacier ice that cooled the drinks. Only downside is that we could have spent more time exploring the area, but it is a business and the bottom line of money flow keeps this place open and the students studies possible.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

The train ride was lovely and full of unbelievable views. The history lesson by the guides was nice. While we enjoyed the tour, the free ranger guided tour with the museum, hiking at the local park and lunch in town made this port our favorite and I actually tried to figure out how we can return for a week just to explore this town and surrounding areas.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum