Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > awp529's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

awp529's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Magic cruise in March 2014
Member Name: awp529
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: awp529's Carnival Magic Review
Montego Bay
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

On this visit I took the hop-on, hop-off bus offered in the cruise terminal. Gives you an overview of the area. Previously I have visited Croydon Plantation and Dunn's River Falls, both very enjoyable. Montego Bay in my opinion is not one of the better Caribbean ports.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

After several previous visits there isn't a lot of new things to see. This stop I walked to the library and spent an inexpensive hour using the Internet. Nice people at the library and very inexpensive. Stopped by Capt. Morgan's to get Lemonccella and wound up with a bonus of a large Rum Cake. Grand Cayman is an interesting place if you like to shop for diamonds. For people like me who love mountains and rocky terrains it isn't much different than Galveston.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Submarine Tour Rating: Not Rated

Cozumel is a place where you stop when you sail from Galveston. Even though, I been there over ten times in the last four years it is still a fun and interesting place to visit. I had not planned to take an excursion but at the last minute booked the Atlantis Submarine. Thoroughly enjoyed it and when I returned home felt that now I can take that off my bucket list. Suggestion: don't judge Cozumel by the shops at the cruise terminal. Find a couple of fellow travelers (or go it alone) get a cab and split the $7 to go into the central district. Its worth the money to just people watch, plus t-shirts and other souvenir items will be much less expensive. Cozumel is a busy place and if there are 4-5 ships in port it can be hectic. Just sit back and let the others rush by, you'll still have a good time.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum