Member Reviews

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: molly/sheba's Carnival Ecstasy Review
Key West
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

We were taken by bus from the pier to Key West. There is so much to see and do here. The bus driver gives you history of the town as you travel about 5 miles into town. This is a free bus ride with a very nice driver. We arrived at 7:30 a.m. however my friend and I decided to sleep in, then do breakfast after the crowd had left the ship. It was rather quiet at the buffet. It was Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) and Mardi Gras was to take place in Key West but not until the evening. There were a lot of people handing out the beads and starting to party but the majority of people were saving their energy for the evening festivities. We did some shopping as there are lots of stores and great gift ideas.
If you go to Key West on a cruise, do go into town, it's a fun adventure.
We also stopped in Cozumel, but my friend and I only did a little shopping and didn't venture too far. I've been here many times before so we decided to return to the ship early to kick back before dinner. There are many things to do in Cozumel and the tours are a good way to see the island.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum