Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > R<3M2012's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, CocoCay, Nassau

R<3M2012's Port Reviews of Port Canaveral, CocoCay, Nassau
Explorer of the Seas cruise in February 2014
Member Name: R<3M2012
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: R<3M2012's Explorer of the Seas Review
Port Canaveral
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

PORT CANAVERAL: By the time we got to Port Canaveral warm weather and sunny skies greeted us. I'm still trying to figure out why the cruise line chooses to stop here. Yeah I get the Disney excursions but I wish they would build up the immediate area because there's nothing and I mean nothing to do around the port. With the late arrival (2pm) paying all that money to go to the theme parks which are an hour away didn't seem worth it to me. I read here on cruise critic that the Radisson hotel provides a free shuttle to the hotel and Ron Jon Surf Shop. This is not true! The "free" part isn't true; however they do provide a shuttle at $12pp. Royal charges 15pp. We opted to stay on the boat to enjoy an empty ship.

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum
CocoCay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

COCO CAY: loved it. I waited till 11am to board the tender to the island. It is the perfect time to go ashore as it's just after the morning rush over and right at the start of the beach BBQ. Plenty of lounge chairs throughout the island. I even enjoyed some time swinging in the hammock. The BBQ featured hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ chicken, Ribs, rice and beans, Mac & cheese and corn on the cob. There was also fresh fruit and cookies. The kids enjoyed the water slide. At $20pp for all day use it was a great value as it kept them highly entertained. I stuck my toe in the lovely blue water however; it was way too cold to go in any further. There were a few "polar bears" out there enjoying the water.

More CocoCay Reviews CocoCay Port Profile CocoCay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

NASSAU BAHAMAS: is Nassau...I think I just been there one too many times. Only reason I only bother bout getting off the ship was because it was my parents first time there. The island was crowed as we were in port with Norwegian Sky and Royals Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. A lot of the sidewalks are under construction which forced pedestrians to walk in the street. Yes it was scary...worse than trying to "jaywalk" in NYC.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum