Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Sir_Randy's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Sir_Randy's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Norwegian Dawn cruise in February 2014
Member Name: Sir_Randy
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: Sir_Randy's Norwegian Dawn Review
Roatan
Zipline Adventure Rating: Not Rated

Booked the Zip and Dip with Victor Boden Tours. The bus was full with cruisers from other ships in port, so we and another couple we did not know, were escorted by Victor in his personal SUV for the day. We were the 1st to arrive at the zip lines, and the Wife of the other couple did not wish to zip, so there were 3 of us with 2 guides (talk about personal service). Brenda loved the zipping more than I (I am not saying I did not enjoy it, just not as much as Brenda, even though she came in hot at one of the stands and took out the guide and the tree, no blood no foul), she is more the daredevil of the 2 of us, and was zipping (flying) no hands spread eagle by the 3rd line, I think there were 12 lines altogether? About half way through the course, they asked if we wanted to stay on the low lines or go to the high lines, I voted for the low lines, but was out voted (I could have stayed on the low lines, but succumbed to peer pressure). The monkey’s were cute at Victors petting zoo, and I have some great pictures of Toucans sitting on my head and shoulder. After zipping, Victor took us to Bananarama Beach Club where he set us up in a couple beach loungers with umbrellas. Had a couple beers and then walked back up the access road to a little hut where Mama fixed lunch for the locals. After struggling with a language barrier (they do not get a lot of Gringos coming for lunch) we had the best fried chicken, rice, beans, cole slaw, plantains, and a cold Coke for $5. After lunch walked down the beach to Infinity Bay Resort and snorkeled off the beach, very nice snorkeling, wish I had more time to explore the reef further. Victor picked us up when we had agreed, took us on a short tour with a lot of personal experience knowledge, on the way back to the ship. The perfect day HIGHLY RECOMMEND Victor Boden Tours!

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Cave-Tubing Adventure Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Cave Tubing with ViVTours. Had a great time with ViVTours, everything went according to promised, and the guides (“Rock” and Raheem, and Paul the tube expert) were funny, energetic, and very knowledgeable. ViVTours carries (except the last 5 minutes of a leisure narrative stroll thru the rain forest) your tubes to the river for you, unlike the majority of the other outfitters that make you carry your own tube for the 45 minute hike. My only complaint is they need to do something about the AC in their vans. The drive to the river is a little over an hour, and the van was unbearably HOT! I finally opened the window and it was so much cooler than with the AC on. If you are going to do cave tubing, I highly recommend VivTours.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Costa Maya
Beach Break Rating: Not Rated

Spent the day at Tropicante Beach Bar with Steve and his crew of wait staff. Steve provided excellent directions and when we got out of the cab, walked about 50 feet and someone asked what we were looking for? Being hesitant because I was forewarned about hawkers trying to steer you into their beach bar, I did not answer at first and then blurted out Steve at TROPICANTE! The gentleman held up a chalk board and asked if my name was on it and sure enough, there we were listed as VIP quests. He walked us to the front (beach side) of Tropicante and introduced us to Steve who is very gracious and offering to assist in what we needed/wanted for the day. We were given front row beach loungers with large umbrella, and a breathtaking view and aqua blue water and white powdery sand. Steve does not charge for the chairs/umbrella/views, only asks that you spend some money with him. We had 3 Bloody Marys, 1 strawberry frozen drink, 2 local beers, 2 pina coladas, 2 appetizers (plenty of food) and the bill came to $64 plus a nice tip for the great service, for 5 hours of beach time. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tropicante and Steve for a great beach day!

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Bar Hop Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop and had a great time. You might look at the name of this tour and think booze cruise on land, but except for 4 sorority girls that were entertaining and interacted well with the older group, this is not a booze cruise. Yes you were provided a shot at each of the stops, but they were more juice than booze, and you were not forced to drink them, but they were tasty. Each stop offered a great view of the rugged side of the island, and the stops were more restaurant than bar, and the food choices were quite good! Only complaint is that the sound system in the van did not work, so we were not signing between stops and the trip back to the ship. If you want a stress free tour of the other side of the island, I recommend the Bar Hop, even if you do not drink.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum