Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > H&J's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel

H&J's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Norwegian Dawn cruise in February 2014
Member Name: H&J
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: H&J's Norwegian Dawn Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We've been to Roatan a number of times before. My wife wanted to go a shop run by a couple of missionaries as a co-op selling locally made items; 80% going to the producer and 20% to cover the co-op expenses. We've been there before and the prices are reasonable and nothing has a "China" label on it. It is outside the "tourist village" area. Roatan has beautiful beaches and is great for snorkeling and diving.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Again we've been to Belize in the past and seen the interior as well as having the done the cave tubing experience. This time I told the driver I wanted to see Belize City, the good and the bad. When approaching the "bad area" he told us not even the police go there at night. I told him, "Hey pal, I can tell, you've never been to Detroit."

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

We took the cab down to Mahahual so see a friend who runs the Tropicante, a beach front bar and restaurant. The drinks are very reasonable, the food is cheap, tasty and plentiful and the atmosphere is so so relaxing. It's like being in a Corona beer commercial. Steve Uhl, the proprietor, says Mahahual means "Mayberry" in Mayan, Catch his blog regarding Mahahual and the Costa Maya area at http://ahhhmahahual.wordpress.com/.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We hired a car and driver to take us on a tour of the island. It was $25 a person (3 of us) plus a $20 tip (aggregate) at it was well worth it. We visited the beach areas as well as the interior. I feel it was money well spent as we saw both the tourist side and inhabitant side of the island. It sure beat sitting around in a Senor Frog's all day.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum