Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Le Tigre's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

Le Tigre's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: Le Tigre's Carnival Miracle Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love Cabo. Haven't been there in 20 years and almost didn't recognize it - no more sleepy fishing town. Instead, the marina is now massive (mind-blowing vessels) and high end with shops and restaurants. Wonderful restaurants right on the beach where you can sunbathe on very nice lounge chairs and be waited on hand and foot. Wasn't in town long enough to really explore, but we will definitely be taking a non-cruise vacation in Cabo in the near future.

The reason I rated it so low is that I absolutely hate tenders to and from the ship. Disembarking and embarking takes FOREVER. And since you're only in town from 7:30am until 3:30pm (and no one was able to disembark that early), they need to come up with a faster/better plan.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Whale Watching Rating: Not Rated

Go, go, go, go, GO on Oscar Frey's tour (www.oceanfriendly.com)! Holy cow! It will be the BEST part of your entire vacation - hands down! It is on TripAdvisor's top TEN WORLD wildlife trips. Seriously.

If you want an extremely intimate experience with whales and one of the best (and funniest) oceanologists out there, then sign up. Oscar (and Keith May, if you get on his boat) knows EVERYTHING about whales and teaches you how to "monitor" and spot them. His passion is totally contagious. The other whale watching boats follow him everywhere because they know he is the best. His company is not just a whale watching tour, it is a research facility and he has to send all of his research up to NOAA. Plus, his tour is 4.5 hours as opposed to 3 hours on the other tours. This alone is great, because all of the other tours have to leave, and you have the entire bay to yourselves. We had whales breaching 15 feet from the boat! I am still flabbergasted about the whole tour - it blew my husband and me away!! GO! Re Puerto Vallarta, we will be returning often. Drop dead gorgeous, with tons of things to do. Think Costa Rica. Sigh, I miss it already.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum