Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CAC104's Port Reviews of St. Barts, St. Croix, Grand Turk, San Juan

CAC104's Port Reviews of St. Barts, St. Croix, Grand Turk, San Juan
Celebrity Century cruise in February 2014
Member Name: CAC104
Cruise Date: February 2014
Member Review: CAC104's Celebrity Century Review
St. Barts
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

We made 4 port stops:

Most everyone on the ship all seemed to dislike St. Barts, and made their comments know to the cruise relations. We actually managed to have a good time because my cabin mate was such a fabulous driver and we were able to tour the whole Island with two other Floridians. Small winding roads with everyone driving on the wrong side would have been a disaster if I were driving. Biggest scare was when a plane looked like it was going to land right on us as we drove by the airport. Prices were extremely high, and the residents were really quite snooty to the cruise passengers. The weather could have been better and the seas were quite rough. We have our own snorkel gear and attempted to go in at one beach, but the currents were wicked and I was smashed into rocks trying to get back into shore and cut up my knee to where I was bleeding all over. We went into a beach side restaurant to get out of the rain and one beer, two rum and cokes, and one mojito for our little group came to 56 Euros. Talking to people back on the ship they were refused service in some restaurants if they didn't have reservations, even though there were many empty tables visable.

More St. Barts Reviews St. Barts Port Profile St. Barts Forum
St. Croix
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

St. Croix was lovely and much less developed than St. Thomas. We took a taxi for $6.00 per person round trip to a hotel called Sand Castle. For $25.00 for two, we were given use of the beach and pool, two lounge chairs with a huge umbrella and two rum punch tricks. The beach was wonderful and the beachside cafe had good food and reasonable prices. I would love to go back.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Grand Turk is a very dry and barren Island. The manufactured cruise port section is very nice. The large store area has lots of duty free items and I picked up my Drambuie, which I like. I took an open air trolley tour of the Island and there are no trees, only bushes. They also have wild donkeys roaming all around. The water is really clear and a beautiful color and I am sorry I didn't book a snorkel tour, but I could snorkel off the beach. Their beach area in the port looked very inviting, but the sand only went out about 4 feet into the water and then it was nothing but rocks. I didn't like that at all. My friend went diving and had lots of fish and a wall to view.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

I have been to San Juan many times, so there really wasn't much more I wanted to do. The port has a free trolley service that circles between the port and various stops in old town, including the two forts, El Morro and San Cristobel.

Previously I had visited El Morrow so I was interested in seeing San Cristobel. Then entry fee for one fort is $3.00 and if you want to visit both the cost is $5.00. The free trolley stops at both. These forts are very interesting and I enjoyed touring them.

Old Town has lots of little shops and restaruants, and open air vendors. You can have a good time walking around and stopping to investigate.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum