Member Reviews

Embarkation: Houston
Member Review: cb1968's Caribbean Princess Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Normally we make this our beach day but my wife didn’t feel like that this time so we took a cab to town. The size of this ship dictates that it has to moor at the furthest dock from the city so an $8 dollar cab ride is in order or you will have to walk quite a distance to get there. The price for the ride is $8 for the car up to four passengers, not per person or per couple. If you are only a couple and the cabbie crams in another couple do not let them charge you $8 each pair. They will try to scam you if they can but stand firm and only pay $8. The town hasn’t changed much since the last time we went there and not to the beach. Same multitude of Diamond International stores and all their competitors. Going there reminded me why we started going to the beach all those years ago. Unless you want dubious deals on jewelry, just take a cab and go to the beach south of the port.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

Belize city was still a bit of a slum outside of the tender area. My wife had no interest in going ashore as she didn’t like it the first time we arrived there, too much poverty. So I went alone and did go for a good walk and found a very nice public beach area about a mile due north. It was well groomed, clean and totally devoid of anyone. It was almost next to the Princess Casino and Hotel. If I come back to Belize I might take a walk up to the beach again and actually utilize it. This port is not a really good attraction for a cruise. Take an excursion, either from the ship or on your own.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Gumbalina Park Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Over priced for what you get. Actual time with animals about 15 minutes.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum