Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > suewilly's Port Reviews of Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Great Stirrup Cay

suewilly's Port Reviews of Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Great Stirrup Cay
MSC Divina cruise in February 2014
Member Name: suewilly
Cruise Date: February 2014
Member Review: suewilly's MSC Divina Review
Falmouth
Bamboo Rafting Rating: Not Rated

The most serene, peaceful experience. The bamboo rafts float gently down the river, steered by true Jamaican characters. The experience lasts approximately 90 minutes and really is a gorgeous, romantic excursion.

Montego Bay Rating: Not Rated

We booked an independent tour operator to guide us around Jamaica for the day. This was the best day of our cruise. We visited 2 large historic houses, montego bay, saw Jamaica from numerous angles usually not visited by tourists, and floated down the Martha Brae on a bamboo raft. This is the most peaceful and gorgeous way to spend an hour.

More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

very disappointing. My husband cannot swim and we booked this as all the pictures we had seen and information we read said that you stand in waist deep water. He was so looking forward to this.
The boat stopped in water approximated 8 feet deep. A swim of around 6 feet out from the rear of the boat took you to shallow water but unfortunately my hubby could not get to the shallow water and therefore had to stay on the boat.
I did have the stingray experience and it was lovely to touch and feed these creatures, but my day was spoiled because I wanted to experience this with hubby and I felt incredibly sorry for him that we could not get him off the boat. The boat we were on was 'the amazon' so if you take this excursion and there are a number of boats to choose, avoid this one!
Although.....we had to give lots of other passengers a lift back to port as their boat broke down, so perhaps none of the boats are guaranteed to make the round trip successfully!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Mayan Ruins Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

A really interesting day, made all the more interesting by the commentary from our excellent guide whose name was Jesus.
The ruins were such a surprise. Tourists can get right up on top of the ruins - there are no 'keep off' signs as I was expecting.
The ruins were teeming with iguana's and these were also really interesting.
We stopped at a gorgeous beach for 90 minutes before returning to the ship. The water was a beautiful colour and the slope into the sea was gentle.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

very much an afterthought - this 'island' is just a calling point for cruise ships so they can say they have taken passengers to another island. This is simply a beach - nothing else. I would much have preferred the cruise ship to pull into Miami a day early to allow us to do a tour of that city.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum