Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SouthLyonCruiser's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel

SouthLyonCruiser's Port Reviews of Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Norwegian Dawn cruise in January 2014
Member Name: SouthLyonCruiser
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: SouthLyonCruiser's Norwegian Dawn Review
Roatan
Golf Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

This golf course has a great layout and when it is finally completed will rate 6 stars at that time. But, for now, I can only rate it four out of six. The sand traps are many and well located but they play like hard pan as the sand is almost nonexistent. The greens and fairways are some of the best I have played on. The greens are a little slow, which is fine with me as I am an aggressive putter and don't like to see my ball sail ten feet past the pin if I miss. The greens didn't have an unrepaired ball mark on them. My caddie had a poor grasp of English but this was not a problem except for casual conversation. The pro shop is not completed so they work out of a small space that has few golf items to purchase.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Cave-Tubing Adventure Rating: Not Rated

We booked this through a totally independent vendor that was highly recommended on tripadvisor. It was every bit as good as advertised. They took us by bus to the embarkation point and we hiked about 1.5 miles to where we entered the river. About half of mile of the trek we had to carry our tubes. Not a problem. The guide pointed out many points of interest and could answer any questions we had about the area. We entered the river well upstream of those who booked with the cruise line and got out well after they did. On the way back to the ship we were treated to a light lunch which was also excellent. If you are interested in this go cavetubing.bz.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: Not Rated

This is the one port where we had no excursion and used the opportunity to do our shopping. The number of shops and selection were plentiful. For the guys who aren't interested in shopping there was a stand which I believe was called Husband Day Care. You go to a small shop nearby, buy a beer and hang out at the stand with the other husbands.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Catamaran tour Rating: Not Rated

This was one of the best catamaran excursions that we have been on. We took a leisurely sail to a spot to snorkel. The snorkeling was fair and had a few fish and some coral but nothing spectacular. We then sailed to a beach and were served beer and margaritas during the trip. I had beer and found it to be good. Those who had margaritas said that they were watered down but there was not limit as to how many you could have. We arrived at their private beach. The beach was fine and there were plenty of chairs. There were plenty of water toys for all ages in the water and of course the beer and margaritas continued. This was called the Fury Catamaran. I would surely do this again if we return to Cozumel.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum