Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: sjring's Disney Magic Review
Nassau
Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

In Nassau we went on the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Close Encounter, which was very well done. Unfortunately there was a concert on the beach that day so the beach was closed to us, and they provided a box lunch instead. The box lunch was passable, but there was pleanty of food in it. Not sure cost wise if the lunch made up for loss of use of the beach. I would want, however to try the dolphin swim experience on a future trip now that I experienced the dolphin close encounter.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Castaway Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Castaway Cay is an absolutely beautiful island, and if they ever put a hotel here I could easy spend a whole vacation there. Unfortunately they only keep a small permenant staff on the island and use the ship staff to handle most of the operation so the likelyhood of a hotel on the island is minimal. We did the sting ray adventure while on the island. Had a great animal handler and my tween and teen enjoyed very much. Snorkling isn't my thing particularly. Would be nice if the ship's photographer took pictures of guests at this encounter, but they don't so take a waterproof camera with you.

We were advised by our dining room server to have lunch at Serenity Bay, that the food was a bit more upscale. Serenity Bay is the adults only (18+) area of the island. Whily my 16-year old son may have passed for 18, my 12-year old daughter would not. So we had lunch in the family area. Lunch consisted of chips, a variety of salads (cole slaw, potato salad, etc), burgers, hot dogs, BBQ chicken and ribs, and corn on the cob. Desert consisted of fresh fruit, cookies and 2 other deserts. There was also a self-serve soft ice cream machine with 4 different flavors available. There were also self-serve drink dispensors.

The beach was beautiful and clean, and don't miss the crab races.

More Castaway Cay Reviews Castaway Cay Port Profile Castaway Cay Forum