Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Cruisin_thru_life44's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Martin

Carnival Valor cruise in February 2014
Member Name: Cruisin_thru_life44
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: San Juan
Member Review: Cruisin_thru_life44's Carnival Valor Review
St. Thomas
Dolphin Swim Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Our first stop was St. Thomas. We booked the Dolphin Discovery tour with carnival. It got good reviews and did not disappoint. While the travel to/from the sight of the dolphins is long, it is well worth it! Just the girls swam with the dolphins, as my wife and I went just to observe. Just a note that Carnival does not advertise the "observation only" ticket for this excursion but it is available at the excursion desk on board. It is a cheaper ticket and they do allow the observers to take pictures! Overall it is a beautiful place to spend the day and the girls had an experience of a lifetime!

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Barbados
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Barbados was our next stop. Our waiter suggested the Boatyard Beach Club so we caught a taxi there for $20 for the 4 of us. There we purchased a package for $15 each that provided us with beach chairs, umbrella, free drink and taxi ride home. By far our best value of the cruise, and the beach was amazing with very few "hawkers" and it included the use of a water trampoline, ice berg raft, diving platform and a rope swing! A fantastic day had by all!!

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: Not Rated

On to St. Lucia from there. We booked Cosol Tours for this island. I had read many reviews about Cosol and they all were positive. Well this make one more positive review! I can't believe what a wonderful experience we had, and what a full day of activities that are included with this tour. Our driver's name was Sam, and he was very informative and fun! Check out their website, as it does a great job of showing what you get on this tour and you really do get it all!!! I cannot say enough good things about Sam and Cosol Tours!

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
St. Kitts
Port Rating: Not Rated

St. Kitts was our next stop and we wanted to just hit a beach and relax. I had read about Cockleshell beach and we decided to give it a try. My wife just stayed on board this day, so me and the girls set out on our own. You do get mobbed by taxi/tour people when getting off the ship. There are many beaches to choose from and the drivers right at the port all want to take you to the closest ones so they can get back to load up again. CockleShell is one of the furthest beaches, so we had to be firm with them to find someone who wanted to to that far (20 minutes only). We are really glad we did, because the beach was very quiet and beautiful. We got introduced to James who had a little beach shack there and took great care of us. He had chairs and umbrellas, and all the beer and water/pop we could drink. He sent us to the Spice Mill for lunch where I had the best jerk chicken of my life. Unbelievable day!!!!

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
St. Martin
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Our final stop was St. Martin. We didn't have a plan for this island so we just caught the water taxi right off the pier over to the beach near the port. It was a really clean and fun little strip of beaches and shops. We hung out all day there and relaxed in comfy chairs with umbrellas. Ate at a fun little beachside restaurant and had many cheap beers. The water taxi was quick back and forth and you can take it as many times at you want for $7.

More St. Martin Reviews St. Martin Port Profile St. Martin Forum