Member Reviews

Harley Granny's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau
Carnival Sensation cruise in February 2014
Member Name: Harley Granny
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: Harley Granny's Carnival Sensation Review
Freeport
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+

I'm not a fan of Freeport. Unless you like the beach there really isn't much to do.

I live 40 minutes from lots of beaches so they don't interest me much. We took a taxi in to Port Lacaya $10.00/person round trip. Walked around a bit. went across the street to the Casino, lost a bit and headed back to the ship. Casino was dead.
We did the Senior Frogs thing and found it lacking. Service was slow and it was just kind of blah.
Stopped at the Harley shop to get the required shirt then back on board. (little thing we noticed...the HD shirts were more expensive at Port Lacaya than at the store near the ship).

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

I know a lot of people don't like Nassau and I understand that it can be a money pit. But I'm not done exploring it yet so I still love it.
I took an excursion over to Atlantis once many years ago and all I could think of was what a waste of $$ that was.
So I turned to searching out things myself.
This time we went to Graycliff Hotel...easily walked from the port...inexpensive taxis for those not able to walk. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. The guys got to buy some hand rolled cigars while we women went in search of the chocolate! We were disappointed to find out the rum tasting was only on Mondays and Fridays (they must have known we were coming).
After leaving Graycliff we headed to John Watling's Distillery (another short walk). We were early...it opens at 10am not 9am like we were told but as it was only 9:50am the very charming Christopher let us come in and wait outside the building in the shade. Promptly at 10 our tour guide shows up. Great history and bad joke teller but he was charming and you could tell he loved his job.
They let us sample the rum! Finally!
We were done there by 11:30 and decided to go do some shopping. Oh look...Senior Frogs. Sorry but I love Senior Frogs in Nassau....we like to embrace our inner Frat-person every once in awhile. What a difference in locations. The service in this one was so much better and the crowd a lot more fun. It was my husband's birthday so of course they gave him lots of attention. Just a good time! We stopped and got the required Harley Shirts, enjoyed a drink at a small bar next to it and headed back to the ship.
I hate the straw market so won't stop...I'll leave that for those that enjoy it.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum