Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > getty50's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

getty50's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Royal Princess cruise in January 2014
Member Name: getty50
Cruise Date: January 2014
Member Review: getty50's Royal Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Day 2 had us a Princess Cay. It's a beautiful island filled with many activities for couples, families, groups, young to old. The only complaint I have about this island is the fact your coke card doesn't work and I was told by the bartender it's because they don't have a computer system hooked up and everything had to be accounted for. Simple solution, write down I got a coke with my alcoholic beverage.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Thomas
Snuba Rating: Not Rated

Day 4 was in St. Thomas. We docked pretty early and was able to get some shopping done. Don't worry about getting off the ship before 9am as nothing but the straw market is open. We booked the BOSS excursion which is where you ride an underwater scooter with an air helmet on. This has to be one of the best excursions I have taken in my last three visits to the island and I highly recommend it.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

Day 5 was in St. Maarten. The wife and I took the $8 per person taxi ride over to the Sunset Beach Bar which is where the people hang onto the fence as the planes take off. If you haven't seen this in person, this is I highly recommend also. The Bar has food and drinks and if you stay near the beach, it could be a family event. We also went shopping downtown in Front Street. Word of advice, never let them take your credit card from your sight, even if they are only 20ft away behind their counter, When I checked my cc account, someone had used it for $575 at Computer World in St. Maarten. The only good thing about this is I used my credit card and not my debit card. ALWAYS use a credit card.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum