Member Reviews

Embarkation: Houston
Member Review: gsdfan's Caribbean Princess Review
Cozumel
Salsa & Salsa Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

What fun! We learned to make several types of salsa, several types of margaritas (with and without alcohol), and dance some salsa steps. The salsa was delicious (if I do say so myself), and the margaritas were highly drinkable [yes, I tasted everything I made :-)], and while I can't say I am now proficient at dancing the salsa, I do have a much better idea of where to begin when the opportunity presents itself! The additional feature I did not expect at all, is that we were able to have an incredible view of the ocean from the top balcony floor of the restaurant, so while we were "hard at work" it was in an incredible caribbean island open-air environment. The staff doing all the "training" were very entertaining as well as being good instructors, and they clearly enjoy conducting this type of "tour". The entire "tour" is about three hours; afterwards we had time to enjoy the town a bit before heading back to the ship. I must admit that we didn't linger in the town very long - I was ready for a nap after enjoying a couple of margaritas!!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated

We booked an independent tour for our day in Roatan, Honduras, and were taken in a bus over to Little French Key, a privately owned island where we could spend the day swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, enjoying the sea breezes and beautiful ocean views in a shaded cabana, etc. We also signed up for an elective trip to the local zip line, and proceeded to come down the mountain on one of the longest and highest zip lines in central america (which I did NOT know before we went, but certainly agree with after finding that out!!). What a perfect day! The zip line was a definite highlight experience (next step - skydiving!!); they also offered scuba diving but I did not sign up for that. Instead I went out on the snorkeling boat, and enjoyed floating around the coral reef which is in amazingly good condition. A delicious seafood lunch was included - and drinks of all types were available. Service was excellent the entire time we were on the island. We also did a bit of kayaking - the types of boats you sit on. They have changing rooms available if you don't show up wearing your bathing suit, or want to change to dry clothes after swimming. Restrooms of course, and an outside shower to get rid of sand and salt. As you might imagine in the caribbean, the ocean waters were beautiful, and it was a delightful place to spend a day on, in, and around, the ocean. The owners live on their island, and bring in day visitors so they are present and available for any questions or concerns a visitor might have. They are true "host and hostess", and enjoy seeing their guests enjoy themselves.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum