Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > gregs22069's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.)

gregs22069's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Norwegian Epic cruise in January 2014
Member Name: gregs22069
Cruise Date: January 2014
Member Review: gregs22069's Norwegian Epic Review
Nassau
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+

We've taken excursions here before and they are okay. But geeze, this has to be one of the most commercialized, blaze ports around. Prices are ridiculous. Even the rum cake factory, where the cakes are supposedly made...we bought cakes only to find them cheaper in Miami when we returned. Beers in port are more expensive than on the ship. Not a lot of authentic culture like in other ports.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

On our honeymoon in 1996, this wasn't our favorite, but they did just come off a major hurricane. Really nice this time around. We shopped and walked around. Great beer prices, friendly folk. Got a lot of feel for the culture. Fun day. Commercial, sure. But still appreciated its authenticity.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Hiking Rating: Not Rated

Can't say enough about this place. The best on our honeymoon and remains the single best island we have visited to this day. This excursion was no disappointment and perhaps the highlight of our vacation. Even St. Thomas upon our return from St. John was refreshing, especially now that we have been to Nassau so many times, so even the commercialized St. Thomas is many steps up than Nassau.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum